Sunday 24 May 2015

8 Common Phrases Used or Misused

There are certain phrases that all of us are tired of listening. Not because they are said often, but one starts doubting the intention of the speaker who uses it. Sometimes, they are nothing but lies. Let us have a glance through what I mean by those phrases:

1.
For anyone who speaks what comes in the heart and mind, it may seem that speaker otherwise doesn't speak much or hides something. I really can't get the meaning of this phrase, frankly speaking!

2.
Better know as "tbh" in the sms world, this phrase is quite a thing. One wonders if the speaker usually lies or whatever (s)he has uttered till now has been a lie.

3. "Can I ask you something, I hope you wouldn't feel bad." Or something like "First tell me that you wouldn't feel bad. Then only, I will ask you."

What do you want, my dear speaker? Do you want me to feel bad or not? You want me to be prepared because you know you're going to spoil my mood. Don't you?

4. "Can I tell you something? I hope you wouldn't take it personally."

You want to put personal remarks and you add that line.  Why else on earth will you take the safety measures?

5.  

Sometimes, you need to tell the actual condition or outcome against the expected one. But, more often in usual conversations, the usage of this word seems to be like you created something else in the mind of someone or you hid something. Now, you are telling the actual scenario. 

6. "I will call you back later."


Please add "if I don't forget" to the above line. Usually, people forget to call back later. It seems either you are very busy or I'm worthless. And, one shouldn't be feeling the second one. So, value the one who called you and stick to your words.

7.  

This is mostly said by your boss to his boss or his client or you, yourself. This is the way of talking in an organisation. It means that the person in question doesn't have an answer to the question at present. Whatever, he wrote in a report or whatever he said, he himself doesn't have 100% belief.

8. Aunty Acid puts this better!


These are just some of the phrases in which you can find the lies or the conviction people may have to things they've spoken. Of course, it depends from situation to situation. You get to know if a  person is speaking truth just like you get a hint when the other person is flirting, which is usually another form of lies. Buttering is another form of lies.

In the end, I would just wish for my reader, may your intuitions save you!

16 comments:

  1. One of your best articles till now, to be honest :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol.. Now what meaning should I get from your statement? :D
      I hope you're being brutally honest like you always have been!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! I wanted to correct a spelling error so I deleted this one! :D

      Delete
  3. Frankly speaking, I was waiting for you to write such an article. To be honest, I was going to go ahead and ask you to write something like this if you wouldn't write it soon. So, I actually loved this post. Good one! :D :*
    For the rest of the praises, I'll get back to you later (If I remember)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aello! Mai ser toh mere dost sawa ser.. lol :D

      Delete
  4. I'll get back to you on what I really think about this blog. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. I take you literally and shall ask you when you're online. :)

      Delete
  5. You can add many more such words like 'K' and 'hmmm'. Actually I loved this blog, especially point 3. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. okay. Juhi. Thanks for reading up! :)

      Delete
  6. Amazing... Your words are true and perfect to the point...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great writing skills.... Pls write some more coz I love to read this kind of thoughts...waiting for the next: )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Hemant :) Hope you will keep coming back to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "To be honest" it's really hilarious; "frankly speaking" now i realise how we keep on using the above phrases so casually.
    Its nice nd refreshing one nd will " get back to u" once i find more of these kind.
    Quite interesting!!

    ReplyDelete