Friday 1 May 2015

The NALSAR Chapter


My NALSAR journey was full of twists and turns. As my friend, Srilekha puts it "Life lessons", it taught me more than anything ever could.

In the first year, I started feeling I was living in a Big Boss House sans cameras. It wasn't the fact that the campus is far away from the city but because of the kind of emotions I would observe. Sometimes, hostel would be vibrant with happy faces, celebrating birthdays, watching movies, making fun of every other person. On the hand, there were days people were really sad, tensed and frustrated (Don't ask me with whom! This ;) grin is for my classmates!)

For me since the first semester onwards, I kept on being with different set of groups to know with whom I gelled best, only to realise later, that where you've a say and where people love and encourage and not ignore you, only be with them.

I, earlier, till my undergrad had this feeling that everyone is good. Be kind to all and talk and mix with everyone. But, it is in this place where I realised the importance of being judgemental. You can't be good to all because they are not good to all. It is okay to be biased because they are biased. At the same time, I learned the need to at least be in some talking terms with one another not because you want to but because you never know about something called time. You can't be friendly to all because people at times forget to appreciate other as a human and give unneeded advice.

I observed here the sets of friends one had: One for the movie, one for studies, one for the hostel, one for the hang outs, and what not.

So, I accepted the fact that I'm growing up. I'm becoming better at understanding different people but also, I'm absorbing a part of them in me. I said to myself  "I've to leave this place before it makes me too hard and too changed."

I learned about the sharing, caring, having patience, adjusting, to mention a few all of such characteristics in which I lacked.

Right now, it's my last night at NALSAR. The lectures, the class setting of especially first semester, the hostel , the lecturers, the friends, the fights, the outings, the hostel roof, the stadium, the football, the basketball, the gym, the birthdays, the exams, the food e.tc. are picturing in my mind. Oh, I'm going to miss this so much!

From a friend's mother comes a precious advice "Wherever you work, wherever you are, help others." We need to understand that it is upon us, the first batch, to take our Centre for Management Studies upwards to the heights we wanted to see it in. So, help your comrades and help your juniors.

Dear batch mates, Wish you all best of wishes in all your future endeavours. Now, let us bring down the curtains to this chapter, holding on to our memories. Let us embark upon a new journey!

With this, I bid goodbye to you until the next time I catch up with you, singing:
"Its been a long day without you, my friend
And I'll tell you all about it when I see you again.
We've come a long way from where we began
Oh, I'll tell you all about it when I see you again."      :)

4 comments:

  1. What a well written article! It reminds me of the time I was in college. The children had just graduated school and were so happy and vibrant. They could get along with almost anyone. By the time we reached the final year those groups were almost like well-defined families. As you said we have grown up now and the kind of relations and behavioural pattern that we exhibit now is much different than that of our earlier days. We have learnt that the world can't be seen through a rose tinted glass. We need to express our opinions in order to keep our value. Else people are waiting to trample over our desires to fulfil theirs.
    Hope you keep in touch with the ones that were by your side till the end. As for the others, "Life is just a phase and they were just meant to teach you yet another lesson that no education can teach you!" Wishing you best of luck in your future endeavours. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Swati. I did not know you also felt the same in the undergrad days. May be because you were away from home while I was still naive, coming everyday from home that I did not feel all this at that time. I take your words and wish you best of wishes too. Thanks for reading up. It means a lot to me. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes. We were all naive back in those days. It's only now we understand the struggles of the real life. :)
      Wish you all the best in your life too. Great blog!

      Delete