Tuesday 28 April 2015

What's your idea on God?


"Tu hai ki nahi?" meaning Do you exist or not? This question often lingers on our head. We all have been in situations where we ask if God really exist. Sometimes, its not any situation but just our state of mind.

Its been a while since I started observing that I've now started disliking going to temple. I'm not against God. But, God doesn't solve my problems. Moreover, the class difference I see in society especially when some people are not allowed to go inside the temple is something I disapprove of. Yes, I'm a Brahmin and this modern day Brahmin has no airs about who is entering the temple or not or with whom I'm sitting and having a lunch with. So, why such discriminations. We must realise that time has changed now. Those cultures and traditions that I do not understand, what significance do they hold for me? Frankly, nothing. Null. Void.

 I had written in my older post titled "God a boundation or a belief?", that modern day living leaves me no time to read to religious texts and seek meaning of life or problems. So these days, I read more of quotes on social media or blogs or some Guru's quotes. When I read the blogs, I find them more meaningful. I can relate to what a blogger has written. Random quotes too sometimes makes so much sense to me. Sometimes, I'm struck with  a thought on my head and can't find answer to it. Like I said before, I don't read a religious books but it is these quotes and blogs that help me. It makes me think that I'm no different. It suggests sometimes the things are just the way they are. If I'm not feeling good, talking to a friend, watching a good movie, a nice drama, uplifting and soothing music and awesome food helps me feel better. These are the ways sometimes, I vent out my frustration and sad mood. I see "God" in people and these little things and in its creations.God has created all the things and even those which makes me happy and feel better.  

However, I still feel as I don't get answers from my God in the same pace as my life is building up. There has to be a new religion to which most of us can connect asap! By religion, I mean it may be an idea. Today we need the idea that connects us and not discriminates us. An idea of being good. An idea which holds relevance for the present and for the future. My idea on God, I've already shared. So, what is your idea? Please post your views. I will be happy to engage in a dialogue with you.


11 comments:

  1. God exist or not it's all about faith and belief; god is just a name used in common parlance to address the supreme power who has created us; just that the human mind has a tendency to find logics and evidence; we have given the divine an identity in the form of different names; idols or religions etc. I personally believe the divine spark is with in us; there exist both the good and evil; evil is called satan and good is termed as god; coming to the sufferings endured by many living beings; its often said here the karmas play their roles; don' t know whether justice is actually delivered or not; only the sufferer him self or herself knows; no one else can judge;
    But sometimes when i introspect i m able to connect the dots. We know very well about our good deeds as well as sins;
    A soul is pure it suffers only when its in the mortal frame;
    So i personally feel that god is the one who heals ; who show compassion; mercy; is partial; understanding; he is nurturer like a mother; who scolds the child or even sometimes hits the child just yo bring him on the right path but ultimately in the suffering of the child the mother the god suffers with us; he feels the equal pain; but he knows the actual purpose behind that pain
    Some times a complete surrender makes life peaceful; makes us feel lighter; it feels like a flower swaying in the mild and sweet breeze; that supreme power is someone; to describe whom all the words in the universe are quite less!! He is there if u belive and is still there for us even if u dont believe; just like stars who are sometimes hidden by the clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Akansha, even I believe in the creator. But, I don't think religion is helping me much in the present time. I think what we all have different ideas on God and quotes etc are helping me. So, I've started believing more in them and people's experiences than any God in particular. What I need in times of solace is motivation which I get in creations of God. So, God is in us. So, why to look in temples? May be to please the divine that the creations do not stop.

      Delete
    2. Please excuse grammar mistake.

      Delete
  2. God is impartial only we dont have the wisdom to understand his justice; when we get punished for our sins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe we don't get punished. We just have to see every part of life whether good or bad. But really, those in misery leave me sad and I can't understand HIM (HER). Anyways, Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. Well as a firm believer in not just God, but destiny and fate, to put my point forward, the least I could say is that we are a grain of sand in this vast universe. The question is not whether He exists or not. Neither is it whether we believe in Him or not. It is the purpose we are meant to fulfil that brings us in the physical form again. Each soul when created was free and pure. The lives spent on Earth made them fall into the cycle of Karma as we know it today. These Karmas unless resolved follow us in each lifetime which is why we are forced to face the adversities in life. The punishments, problems, bad luck, etc. that we face in life is just a way for God to teach the soul of the wrong doings and to make them stronger and just as a whole.
    Temples are also just a way for the people to instill faith in a being so that they stay away from all wrong doings so as to avoid a new Karmic circle.
    Many times we find some people familiar though we might have never met them before. Sometimes they are literally saviours to us. These are all just our past life families and friends that are usually around us in current lives too. Which is why we find some people in our lives are loved by us for absolutely no reason. Even a small hi makes our day.
    As for the discrimination in temples, I feel really heartbroken to see things like that still prevalent in our society but again it is their Karma. All we can do is help them as much as we can and lighten their suffering.
    I have always wanted to get past life regressions to learn about our true nature. I hope someday I get the opportunity but till then here is my philosophy on God and the nature of our life. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think much about karma but I did believe in God. But for the present, I find my refuge in quotes, people, experiences etc not what is written in religious books. So, the idea behind the article was the modern way of finding peace, be it music, food , people etc. When God is in creations, do we really need to go and pray rather we need trust in its creations. Bur I buy your point, that it might be make people stay away from wrong doings. So, going to temples because of that is a valid point. You can go for past life regressions but it is important to connect yourself more to the present. Anyway, go for it. :)

      Delete
    2. Whatever you do, if it bring you any closer to being a good person, consider it the same as going to a temple. So keep up the faith and do good in life. God bless! :)

      Delete
    3. I will remember your words. Thanks. God bless us all! :)

      Delete
  4. The next time you face an adversity remember that a Karma is being wiped out which means a better tomorrow is being laid out for you. It'll not only change your outlook to life but also help you stay strong in the most troublesome days.
    I pray u keep smiling always. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I will face all adversities with a smile on my face, hoping for a better tomorrow. Thank you so much Swati. :)

      Delete